What is WCRA?
Learn more about the association hosting their semi-finals here at the Lazy E Arena.
World Champions Rodeo Alliance (WCRA) is a professional sport and entertainment entity, created to develop and advance the sport of rodeo by aligning all levels of competition. In association with Professional Bull Riders (PBR), WCRA produces major rodeo events, developing additional opportunities for the rodeo industry, athletes, stock contractors, stakeholders and fans.
WCRA is an entirely new entity developed to advance opportunities for rodeo athletes and the sport of rodeo.
WCRA is complementary and non-‐competitive to rodeos, rodeo organizations or others in the industry.
WCRA is creating incremental earning opportunities for rodeo athletes through the development of new, large format, large payout rodeo events.
WCRA and Professional Bull Riders, Inc. have entered into a definitive agreement through which WCRA gets access to and support from the largest western sports and lifestyle organization.
WCRA $500,000 Semi-‐Finals:
• The five-day event will be the host to over 1000 rodeo athletes from across the country competing for $500,000 and their chance to compete in the first WCRA $1 Million Major Rodeo in January of 2019.
• The competition will begin on Wednesday, Nov. 14 with a barrel race jackpot followed by two days of timed event jackpots and preliminary rounds starting at 8 a.m. daily.
• The two-day, three performance main events will begin on Saturday, Nov. 17 with two progressive rounds followed by the final round on Sunday, Nov. 18.
• The performances will feature nearly 300 athletes participating in timed and rough stock events having advanced from the preliminary round and WCRA Leaderboard.
• The final contestants will compete for their share of the $500,000 purse or more than $55,000 per discipline.
• Eight athletes in each discipline with the highest scores or fastest times will advance to WCRA $1 Million Major Rodeo in January.
To get tickets for the semi-final event held November 15-18, visit https://bit.ly/2nmPMf3.
The Fabulous Lazy E Arena – just southeast of Guthrie and northeast of Edmond/Oklahoma City – was established in December 1984. News and information is provided as a service to visitors and guests to the arena and can be found at lazye.com or on Facebook.